PruTech bags Incident Response System (IRS) Solution project by Govt. of Maharashtra
The Disaster Management Unit of the Government of Maharashtra has awarded PruTech Solutions the Design, Supply, Installation, Commissioning, Operation, and Maintenance of Incident Response System (IRS) Solution project as per the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) IRS Guidelines.
The scope of work for this project largely includes:
- Commissioning of IRS web application
- Provisioning of enterprise IRS software licenses for all districts, blocks, and departments
- Hosting the IRS application in a cloud environment with necessary OS, bandwidth, storage
- Supply, installation, and commissioning of desktop, printer, UPS, and LAN cabling at State Emergency Operations Centre (SEOC) and District Emergency Operations Centre (DEOC)
- Provisioning of training of the web application and provisioning of manpower for support
- Annual technical support/maintenance for two years
The overall objective of the project is to minimize loss of life and property by strengthening and standardizing the disaster response mechanism. This will be achieved through more comprehensive, effective, swift, and well-planned action based on a well-conceived response mechanism. The IRS solution provides a participatory, well-structured, fail-safe, multi-disciplinary, multi-department and systems approach to guide administrative mechanisms at all levels of the Government. It also provides scope for the private sector, non–governmental organizations, community-based organizations, Panchayat Raj institutions, and communities to work seamlessly in the response activities.
The methodology will be equally useful for handling disasters such as earthquakes, floods, flash flooding, landslide, tsunami, cyclone, and lightning in the natural disasters category and chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear (CBRN) disasters and others in man-made disaster category. The application strengthens and enables the SEOC and the districts to plan for, respond to, and recover from any disaster. The application will be accessed in Emergency Operations Centres (EOC)s, Incident Command Posts (ICPO)s, and control rooms at various levels of administration.
Learn more about our Smart Governance Solutions here.